Congratulations to the Class of 2020!
Graduation commencement will be live streamed on the Sand Creek Schools facebook page tonight at 7pm.
The Sand Creek HS Class of 2020 commencement exercise is scheduled to take place on Saturday, July 25th @ 7pm on the high school football field. The rain date and time for this event is Sunday, July 26th @ 2pm.
The SCHS Class of 2020 officially graduated from Sand Creek HS on May 20, 2020. That stated, participation in our 2020 commencement exercise is 100% optional. If you are unable to attend for any reason, it will have no effect on the fact that your senior has graduated from our high school.
- Beginning Monday, July 20th, senior parents must call the school to register their family to attend the ceremony, including your graduate. For planning purposes, we need to know how many graduates and families plan to attend commencement.
- For those unable to attend due the guest limit, the Class of 2020 commencement exercise will be streamed live. More information about how to access the live feed will be posted on our school website and Facebook page no later than Friday, July 24th. Copies of the 2020 commencement exercise can be purchased for $10 the day of graduation.
- Jack’s Portraits will be on site to take photos of each graduate receiving their diploma. Order forms to order those pictures will be posted to the school website/Facebook page in the near future and may be dropped off at rehearsal or commencement check-in.
- Six (6) guests per graduate will be allowed to attend the July 25th commencement. We ask that families travel to commencement using no more than two vehicles. Families will be allowed to park in our school parking lots beginning at 6pm.
- Upon arrival at the school, we ask that seniors get out of their vehicle and make their way to the outdoor pavilion area. All guests are to remain in their cars until they are called to the entrance gate.
- Once your family has been called to the main gate to enter the football field, all guests will be required to have their temperature taken by the school and they will be required to answer a short series of standard health questions.
- All guests will be required to wear masks from the time they leave their vehicle to the time they get back in their vehicle. This will be strictly enforced.
- Each graduate family will be assigned a “family pod” that will be well marked in the home grandstand or on the football field. While these pods will allow for 6 foot distancing within, once a family is in their pod, we will not be policing or enforcing 6 foot distancing. Distancing within the family pods will be a family decision.
- All family pods will be distanced at least six feet from each other.
- Families will not be able to select their family pod location, however if you have handicap accessible needs, please notify the school about that when you register to attend commencement and we will make the provisions you need.
- We plan to keep commencement to 45 minutes from start to finish. Your graduate will be escorting your family from your seats to your vehicles at the conclusion of the ceremony.
- Commencement rehearsal is scheduled for Friday, August 24th at 10am on the football field. Although attendance for rehearsal is strongly encouraged, it is not mandatory. That stated, the more seniors that participate in the rehearsal, the better the commencement ceremony will look on Saturday.
- Seniors will be allowed to put markings on the tops of their graduation caps provided it’s appropriate. The school will determine if individual cap markings are appropriate. Seniors with decorated caps must get them approved at rehearsal. Male caps (green) must be marked in white tape while female caps (white) must be marked in green or black.
- Color coordinated masks will be provided to all graduates at rehearsal.
- Per board resolution: The Sand Creek Board of Education adopted the following dress code for all graduation participants: Females - Dresses or skirts and dress shoes, Males - Dress shirt, dress slacks, dress shoes.
- Sand Creek Community Schools is counting on your full cooperation in regards to the safety precautions that have been communicated to you in this document. Please do your part by communicating these guidelines to your senior and your six guests.